LSAF is hiring an organizer to help us with our Democracy in Action program and really make an impact this election season.
Job Title: LSAF Organizer (Temporary)
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Dependent on FTE
Hours: Full-time, based on 40 hours/week, some evening and weekend hours required
Compensation: $1500-1750 biweekly ($40-45k annually), depending on experience
Duration: 2-3 months, through 2020 Election season
Summary and Organization Description: The LSAF Organizer will be an instrumental part of implementing the Land Stewardship Action Fund’s strategy for the 2020 election season. LSAF is a 501c4 working to get out the rural progressive vote and to help elect LSAF endorsed candidates so that they can take action on the urgent issues facing our state. To do this for the 2020 election season, LSAF is building a relational organizing program that will work to increase voter registration and early voting across Minnesota. We recruit leaders, members, and supporters to mobilize their personal networks to act and vote in the direction of change that aligns with the values of stewardship, democracy, justice, health, and community. Visit LSAF and Land Stewardship Project (LSP) for more information on the Vision for the Future.
The LSAF Organizer will conduct targeted outreach and follow-up efforts with current, active users of the Empower app. They will work to further grow our program and Empower users through additional outreach efforts with our ever-expanding list of strong prospects who have expressed interest in becoming more involved.
Essential Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Phonebank, text, anduse the Empower relational organizing app
- Managea team of Empower users, including LSAF and Land Stewardship Project (LSP) staff members
- Supporting LSAF events and activities
- Volunteer recruitment, management, & training
- Organizeand conductone-to-one conversations
- Data entry, datamanagement, list creation, and using the VAN database (some experience preferred)
- Supportvoter registration efforts
- Provide accurate information about early voting and secure commitments to vote early, whether by mail or in-person
- Track progress towardgoals
- Communicate daily with LSAF staff
- Represent LSAF at coalition meetings and other events, as directed
- Connectwith other organizations
- A strong commitment to Land Stewardship’s values and issues, and to electing bold progressives up and down the ballot
- Past experience with campaign work or organizing
- Experience using the VAN voter database
- Connections or strong relationships to rural Minnesota, food access, and/or agricultural issues
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles and carry projects through to completion
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Applicants must be able to work some weekends and evenings
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment: We care more about whether you share our values and can successfully manage and advance your responsibilities than we do having you working from our office. Most of your time will be spent in front of a computer. The employee will engage with other staff, members, and public figures regularly throughout the workday. Because of COVID, this is a remote work position, so your work environment is up to you, but having a dedicated workspace and maintaining works hours reflective of office hours (M-F 9-5) is preferable. We will provide you with or support the technology necessary to complete your job duties. We have staff across the state. Our offices are in Lewiston, Minneapolis, and Montevideo, MN but there is no residency requirement in those communities for this position. Because of our flexible work environment and the reach of our organization, individuals based elsewhere in Minnesota should apply
Physical Demands: This is a computer/office work-based role; however, occasional physical demands could include setting up for events, food hauling and preparation, loading and unloading materials for trainings, setting up tables and chairs, tabling at outreach events and filing. This would require the ability to carry 20-60lbs, lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
How to Apply: Position will remain open until filled, but because we are looking to fill positions as soon as possible, for best consideration submit a resume and statement of interest by September 23, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Other positions may currently open at LSP, so please indicate what position(s) you would like to be considered for in your email or cover letter.