COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up to receive updates, request information, fill out a form, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer, sign up for an event, create an account, participate in a contest or promotion, make a donation or purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request support, send us an email, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, contact information (such as email address, postal address, and phone number), credit card and other payment information (which may be collected directly by a third-party processor), and any other information you choose to provide.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Site, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log and Usage Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Transactional Information: If you make a donation or purchase, we may collect information about the transaction, such as donation amount, purchase price, product details, and date and location of the transaction.
- Location Information: We may derive the approximate location of your device, such as from your IP address.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We and our service providers may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you on our Site.
USE OF INFORMATION
- Provide, maintain, support, and improve our Site;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to your emails, comments, questions, and requests and otherwise contact you about your participation in the campaign and the use of the Site;
- Communicate with you about us and our activities, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, activities, and volunteer opportunities, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- To solicit volunteers, donations, and support for us, and for other candidates, issues, and organizations that we support and which are consistent with our mission and goals;
- To connect you with other volunteers for things like, turnout to our events, phone banking to take an action related to our work;
- Contact you if Federal election laws require us to request additional information from you;
- Remind you to vote and register to vote and assist you in finding your registration information, polling location, and campaign events near you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site;
- Personalize the Site and provide advertisements, content, or features based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and online activities;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With affiliates, vendors, service providers, volunteers, and consultants who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With organizations, candidates, campaigns, groups, or causes that we believe have similar values, viewpoints, principles, or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups;
- With other participants in a joint fundraising committee;
- To report required information to the Minnesota State Campaign Finance Board, including name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in an election cycle (for additional information, visit the MN CFB website at https://cfb.mn.gov/);
- In response to a request for information if we believe in good faith that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims, or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Site;
- To detect or prevent criminal activity or fraud;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of new committee or successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our assets;
- With your consent or at your direction; or
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button, which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa). Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on your privacy for the relevant social media site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, 15 U.S.C. § 6501.06 and 16 C.F.R. §§ 312.1 – 312.12, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13, nor does our Site target children under the age of 13. By using our Site, you represent that you are not younger than 13. Please contact us as noted below if you know or suspect that we have collected information from children under the age of 13 and we will take prompt measures to remove such information.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S.
We are based in the United States and are directed to U.S. residents, and we process and store information in the U.S. If you are located outside the U.S., we, and our service providers, may transfer your information to, or store or access your information in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
You may opt out of any future contact from us at any time. Depending on where you live and applicable law, you may have certain rights to your personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). If applicable law provides you such rights, and subject to any exceptions provided by applicable law, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will comply with applicable law for your rights as follows:
- Right to Access – means you can ask us for a copy of any Personal Information we have about you, if any.
- Right to Correct – means you may ask us to change and/or correct any Personal Information we have about you.
- Right to Delete – means you may ask us to delete any Personal Information we have about you and we will be happy to do so unless we are required to retain such information by law or regulation or we have a right to retain such information for our internal business purposes.
- Right to Transfer – means you may request a copy of your Personal Information, in a commonly used and machine-readable format, be provided to you or to a third party you specify.
- Right to Limit/Restrict – means you can ask us to restrict or stop processing your Personal Information, if it is not necessary for the purpose you provided it to us.
You may contact us at any time about any of these rights or any concerns or questions you have about our use of your Personal Information.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or SMS/text messages from us by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. You may opt out of receiving text message/SMS alerts by texting STOP at any time.
Mobile Messaging, Auto-Dialers, Ringless Voicemail Terms & Conditions
We utilize the third-party messaging programs listed below. We encourage you to learn about their privacy and security practices and policies before providing us or them with personal information.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through the Site cannot be guaranteed.
Please note that we do not have any control over or responsibility for information you share about yourself on or through any websites outside of our Site, including any third-party websites accessed or linked through our website. All such sharing of information and content is done at your own risk. Any concerns over the sharing of information on or with a particular website not owned by us should be handled by dealing directly with that website.
Last Updated April 18, 2023
Copyright © 2023 by Land Stewardship Action Fund. All rights reserved.